Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy New Years!

So you are probably thinking it's a bit too early to say Happy New Years, but well we celebrated New Years last night because we all haevt o leave for our sites tomorrow, thus we will not be spending New Years together. We threw one hell of a party last night...I am not sure I remember half the night though...I woke up at 5:30AM on the living room coach, showered, and did verbal reasoning problems for like an hour...comes to show what a nerd I am.

Anyways we are all heading back to site tomorrow because although things are safe in Conakry from what I can see....they still want us to get back to our sites as a precaution because if anything is to happen with the government change, we would all be safer in our villages than conakry. Things have been pretty peaceful in Conakry though. The military appointed a new president which people seem happy with. So things are looking good.

I don't really mind spending new years at site and in a way I am excited to go back to site because I have a lot of projects to start working on . I will be starting to teach 5th and 6th grade females some basic english and I will also begin planning female sensibilizations with Barry an NGO representative who lives in my village.

At the end of January is In service training which will last for a week. All the PC volunteers will meet from my stage to discuss secondary projects and get some additional language training in either french or local language. I really hope to work more on my local language when i go to site now. I want to become semi conversational in it.

Okay well that is all for now.

till next time!

No comments: